Booted Bantam Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Phoenix Farms, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Phoenix Farms

Phoenix Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2012
    Southern Illinois
    For those of you who don't know, BB's are just muff and beardless D'Uccles. They tend to weigh a little more and have longer necks. I own both D'Uccles and Booteds and I love them just the same. So come here to ask questions, show pictures and tell us about your Booted Bantams!

My Porcelain Booted Pair, Bonnie & Clyde

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  2. Gagirly

Gagirly Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2011
    Perry, GA
    Can you cross booteds with d'uccles ? Would you get some bearded chicks and some without ?

3. Phoenix Farms

Aug 11, 2012
    Southern Illinois
    Yes, you can cross a booted with a bearded D'uccle and get some bearded chicks and some non bearded. That's what I plan on doing.

4. Gagirly

Nov 1, 2011
    Perry, GA
    That's what I thought I had read somewhere. Good ! I've got a porcelain booted with my porcelain d'uccle and a golden neck booted with a golden neck d'uccle. Might have some booted bantams to show next fall/winter.

5. Phoenix Farms

Aug 11, 2012
    Southern Illinois
    I would love to find some Golden Neck D'uccles. Did you order yours?

6. Gagirly

Nov 1, 2011
    Perry, GA
    No, I got a young pullet and the booted bantam from a local girl who had bought eggs from a breeder and I bought a pair from a breeder at a show. I showed the pullet from the pair I bought about a month ago and she won best of breed (my first breed win !) Her first chick is due to hatch in 2 days. I like this variety-very pretty and not seen very often, at least not here in GA.

7. joanie_maine

joanie_maine Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2008
    Temple, ME
    Welp Hatchery has them - that's where I got my starter birds.

I have Porcelain, Golden Neck and Self Blue Belgian Bearded d'Uccles.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  8. Phoenix Farms

Aug 11, 2012
    Southern Illinois
    I find the self blues and golden necks very interesting. I also like the mottleds. I wonder where I could find Booteds in those colors.

Color question:
    What colors could I get when I cross a Porcelin and a Mille Fluer? More Millie's and Porcelin's?

9. Gagirly

Nov 1, 2011
    Perry, GA
    No idea on the color question. My guess would be milles that are split for porcelain-if you bred them back to a porcelain you could get both colors. Just a guess, I'm no expert. I'm sure I'll get some golden neck booteds before too long. The pullet is around 6 months old so should start laying soon. I can let you know.

10. Phoenix Farms

Aug 11, 2012
    Southern Illinois
    That would be great. I have a ice flock right now but I want to add more Booteds since I have only two.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by