Booted my babies out last nite ... eeek!

texasgal

Brood with an Attitude
10 Years
Apr 18, 2009
Well, they are 4 weeks old, and this past weekend was the first time they were outside..

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=258226

Suddenly they weren't happy in the brooder anymore .. yesterday morning the Ameraucana was sitting up on the edge of the brooder waiting for me when I opened the door .. time to go outside!

Luckily, the weather is mild, and we already had the "coop" and run up, so I took them out to the property yesterday and after letting them run around and be chickens for a while, I placed them in their new home .. that I had fixed up with a box and shavings, a perch and food and water.. (cage is snake proof and has a roof and two sides... don't know why I didn't take pics)

They were hollering at me when I left right at dark ..
hit.gif

I know they'll be happier, but it kills me that I will only see them once a day now .. So I'll have to let you know how they are this afternoon when I go out there.
hide.gif

We do go out there every day, because the house is quickly coming up ..

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=241138

So in a couple of short months, we'll be out there full time ...

I miss my babies already ...

my hubby is trying to boot my babies out and I won't let him(they are three weeks old ) I like having them inside so I can play with them thru out the day...

That first night is awful, isn't it? I think I spent a week with no sleep because I was sure that a coon with a lock-pick kit was going to get in there and eat them all. Now I probably sleep sounder than I really should since it hasn't happened yet...

And once a day? Ha. You'll be out there any time you can sneak the car-keys and you know it.

LOL .. I go 15 miles in the OPPOSITE direction to work early in the morning .. so I go home, change clothes and then go 15 miles THE OTHER WAY to get to the property .. don't think I'll be going out there multiple times a day .. **grin**

The weekends will be fun, though, becuase we are talking about camping out there this weekend, so the chick kids will be able to spend HOURS out playing during the day .. I can't wait ..

Plenty of pics to follow .. fer sure.

Oh, and I did wonder if a coon could somehow pull the wire off the door ...
barnie.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom