Border collies ? update more help needed

I inherited one a few months back, she was going to the shelter and I couldn't let that happen. It's not a breed I ever was interested in, but I really like her. She is a good dog, listens well, and I have not had any problems with her. I haven't had her since she was a puppy, so I don't know much about training them, but they are very smart dogs. My neighbor also has one, and she really is a good dog also-very smart.

Paula

Prob the best dogs I have ever owned train realy good they are very loyal we have three 1 male and 2 females one of our females is expecting puppies any day now I can not wait they are really great pups I hate to see them go the only bad thing to say is the male gets a little bit wierd if you do not play enough ball with him

Last edited:
I have heard they are really smart and train well.
My biggest concerns are the kids and the chickens. I do have other animals as well. He is a younger dog at 8 months old.

Quote:
I had one problem with the chicks but every time I go to the coop I tell the dogs no chicken have not had any more problems as far as kids mine seem to really like people even little people I think you will love that dog

I have one she is now 10 years. She is probably one of the calmest and gentlest borders I have met. So many have been bred anymore to be beyond high drive. Very smart at learning what I want. She won't even look at the chickens since the other dogs get in trouble if they chase them so she avoids even looking at them:lol: silly dog.

We have one. He is 8.
VERY smart and extremely loyal.

He was nippy when younger. But is very protective of the house and us.
He herds the 3 cats. Leaves the house rabbits alone, even when they are out playing. When I have the chickens in he leaves them alone as well.

Like everyone has said. they are very smart and can be trained to not herd or injure another animal. All it takes is a stern "No" or "Stand down"
and he stops

Quote:
My females are like that also very calm Molly does not even like it when the other dogs get in trouble but she was the one that had the little misshap with the chicks she pouted for two days because I raised my voice at her now she is content to sit by the run and watch the chickens

Back
Top Bottom