Bored so I teased my RIR roo with a serama (And more!)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Larkspur88, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Larkspur88

Larkspur88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    South Carolina
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d3XGKv39Tw

I
    was teasing my RIR roo with my serama roo. They don't like each other. Toffee the rir thinks he is tough poo and he makes this funny RAWK noise when he sees something flap its wings in the air. I was hoping to hear him do it again but he only does it once at the very beginning

Oh and so I don't make multiple posts here are some recents videos and pictures:

Chickens in the coop (above video)

[​IMG]
    My first eggs I found yesterday from a barred rock!
    [​IMG]
    Toffee the roo...he is not dead. he is just laying on the floor. LOL

[​IMG]
    My birthday gift. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  2. Miyashi

Miyashi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Gaylord, MI
    Great picture of your Roo. Mine likes it when I put him in my lap and put my hand on his side, he rolls over and just lays there on his side with his feet kicked out talking to me. He luuuuuvs his Momma. [​IMG]
    I'm guessing your boy loves you too!
    That's an awesome b-day gift btw.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  3. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    I've NEVER seen any chicken lay like that. I'm glad you clarified that he wasn't dead cuz I was thinking he was.

4. Larkspur88

Apr 3, 2011
    South Carolina
    He's not dead considering the video of him and the serama was this morning and the photo was 2 days ago! Lol. The funny thing is that darn roo acts like a tough turd and will chase my ankles and flip-flops, but once I pick him up his personality does a 180 and he turns into a mellow guy. Lol

5. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Please don't post and complain when Toffee starts attacking and flogging you. What you are doing will almost assuredly incite such behavior. [​IMG]

6. Dowie

Dowie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Sourland gives good advice. Men don't like to be teased! Both of your roosters are so beautiful. I love that the bantam is small enough to perch on your wrist. He's gorgeous.

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Cute videos. Thats so funny, your roo just relaxing! [​IMG]

8. Larkspur88

Apr 3, 2011
    South Carolina
    Quote:Aww. I was picking on him because is a dufus. I assure he is rather spoiled. He might bite my ankles in the morning but he comes when he hears his name and loves tortilla and he cuddled on the couch with me earlier while I watched tv with my hubby. I think he forgives me. Lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by