Bored...STILLLLL!!!!!!!!!! chat with me?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Iheartchicks<3:), Aug 4, 2010.

1. Iheartchicks<3:)

Iheartchicks<3:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2010
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Hey guys im STILL bored can we talk about chickens?? haha HELP!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  2. write2caroline

write2caroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2009
    Jacksonville
    Oh can we talk!!!! Let me just get my coffee.....

I just got my order I placed in February for Copper Marens, Cuckoo Marens, Partridge Cochin, and three little Bantams. That Partridge cochin is a little brown fudgy colored beauty, I just love her.

My personal chicken count is 4 hens 1 Rooster all a year old now, 3 bantam roos, 2 cochin pullets (Jan hatchers) 3 hatchlings from my Broody Dot (one is def a roo) Hatched 5/4, 20 variety Pullets hatched 6/14 - I so need to sell some. I love em all but I think I need to sell at least 10 and I have the 7 newbies 8/1 hatched. So on my little chicken farm where I only planned to have 4 hens I have ten times that = 40 chickens.

OMGOSH FORTY CHICKENS!!!!! EEEEK no wonder my hubby is concerned!

Caroline

3. Iheartchicks<3:)

Aug 1, 2010
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Oh sounds like quite the family!!! All you guys seem so nice and eager to help!!! Im so excited to get chickens! Im getting 5 or more (if i can talk my famdamily into it [​IMG] ) Of surprise brown egg layers from MPC. I decided to go for that so i could have a mix of color instead of just 5 Dominiques.... but i REALLy hope one of them comes because we have the same name and all [​IMG] Haha... where you from? And how did u get into chickens?

4. Iheartchicks<3:)

Aug 1, 2010
    Mount Vernon, WA
    oh.. ur from Jacksonville XD

5. awesomefowl

awesomefowl Argues with Goats

Sure we can....I really want serama chickens. they're so cute! [​IMG]
    my big pullets were chasing the silkies today under the deck..they are very annoying, but havn't actually hurt the silkies. they (big girls) just gobble down their (the silkies) food! I told them to start laying me eggs already...but it is too early. [​IMG]

6. Iheartchicks<3:)

Aug 1, 2010
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Tell them they better stop picking on the little ones!!! Hahah... Not nice! I just googled those chickens u want.. because i had no idea what they looked like because i know nothing.. about breeds anyway.. [​IMG] They are GORGEOUS!! You are darn right! I really want some Dominique's or gold laced wyandotte's! So pretty those GLW!!

7. crawfordmama

crawfordmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    The Lakes Region, NH
    I'm a first time chicken owner with 2 EE's that my DH gave me for my birthday this year. They're now 6 weeks old. I think one of my chickaboos is a roo, so I've been searching the area for more chicks. Can't seem to find any! My two tend to fight over the same dust bathing hole. I posted a video of it on Facebook, and everyone seemed to love it. When will yours arrive? It's so exciting to get to know them!

8. Iheartchicks<3:)

Aug 1, 2010
    Mount Vernon, WA
    They will arrive soon! I want a roo badly just for their beauty and cockiness (LOL) But we have neighbors close by (and we just moved in) So we don't want to be rude.... I have a county fair coming up in week and we will get them the week after because we will be gone alll day there because we ride horses with 4-H... I might get 1 or 2 at the fair petting zoo also.. but im worried they might be roo's...

9. crawfordmama

crawfordmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    The Lakes Region, NH
    They are so addictive! Ha ha cockiness! That's why we love roos!

10. Iheartchicks<3:)

Aug 1, 2010
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Yes but i think i should get used to hen first... these will be my first! Any advice?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by