Born with guts out HELP

joeman2041

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 12, 2008
Chicks are hatching with their guts out. How do you control humidity, how do you raise and lower it.

Dissapointed in Michigan
sad.png

Oh my I'm so sorry this is going on. I hope I can help some and others will post soon.
1st, control of humidity, to lower you would open a vent.
To raise you add more water and or a wet cloth or sponge.
You are going to need to tell us more info to help you .
What kind of incubator are you using? What day are you on?
Do you have a way to read the humidity?
I don't know what else to say at this point.
I hope other's can enlighten us on what to do. There are some great people here that are very smart on the hatching of chicks.

This is just so sad to read. What I cannot fathom is why you do not already know this.
Obviously for these chicks it is too late to ask now.

Dilly,
No need to make the person feel worse than I'm sure they already do.

To the OP,
I'm so sorry that this is happening to your hatch. How many eggs do you have? Is this your first time incubating?
I've got my fingers crossed, really.
There are many very experienced people here and if you give some more specific info I think it would really help them to know what advice to give you.

I wish you luck!

Blessings,

Are you sure it is "guts" and not just their yolk sack not fully absorbed? I had humidity issues and it caused a lot of unabsorbed yolks. With the humidity up and them left in the incubator, all that hatched finally got it absorbed and are all doing terrific a week later. Do you have pics?

Quote:
Not trying to make anyone feel bad. I personally take bringing life any life into the world very seriously. Even chickens, imagine that.
It just seems that prior to breeding an animal or collecting eggs to incubate the person doing so would research "how to" Or have someone mentor them through the process. Knowing how to properly work the equipment that you use to hatch just seems like a very reasonable request.
Just as one should ask questions prior to the need on how to raise feed house these animals.

Just my opinion. I feel very bad for the CHICKS involved.

Quote:
Not trying to make anyone feel bad. I personally take bringing life any life into the world very seriously. Even chickens, imagine that.
It just seems that prior to breeding an animal or collecting eggs to incubate the person doing so would research "how to" Or have someone mentor them through the process. Knowing how to properly work the equipment that you use to hatch just seems like a very reasonable request.
Just as one should ask questions prior to the need on how to raise feed house these animals.

Just my opinion. I feel very bad for the CHICKS involved.

accidents happen, some things just go wrong, it doesnt exactly mean that someone doesnt care enough to learn about it.

im really sorry about your chicks. truly sad. are any left? its so sad, waiting and waiting, and already in love with them before they even hatch and then something like this happens... i made the mistake once of putting baby chicks into a brooder that was only covered with chicken wire. i thought it was safe, but a snake got it and ate 7 of them
sad.png
i researched pics and stuff on the internet, and thought they were safe. but now i know. and i made one much much better and safer. wish you luck. i hope someone can help you.

Last edited:
Quote:
Wow that's a little harsh don't you think? Lots of things could have happen and not every hatch is perfect lot's of things out of someone's control can happen. To blame someone who already feels bad is rude.

Sorry about your hatch what type of incubator are you using?
What were the temps through out the process and the humidity?

Back
Top Bottom