BOSS Prices! Holy Toledo!

gltrap54

Songster
13 Years
Mar 26, 2010
Just went to my farm supply for another 50# of BOSS. Talk about sticker shock! The last bag I purchased a few months ago was $16.95, today I paid $31.95. I feed it sparingly to my hens, and wild birds, but the flea bitten squirrels really consume the lion's share.

I'm switching from growing mammoth sunflowers to growing black oil next year. I haven't given them BOSS yet but I will if I can grow them. Granted they will eat the mammoth seeds but I'd rather harvest and roast the mammoth for me and the BOSS is better for them.

I've never heard of Boss before, but cracked corn has sky rocketed in the last year! I keep a book on all my chicken breeding related purchases, and last summer I paid $8.01 for a 50 lb sack. The last time I bought it, It was $11.31!!!
th.gif
Thats a $3.00 jump in a year! What, may I ask, do the feed companies think where going to do? This time I just went ahead and payed $2 more dollars for the good stuff, because my girls where trying to eat they're own eggs on just the cracked corn!

Back
Top Bottom