Boss rant

Quote:
Heck no don't bring them anything! Why reward their rudeness with brownies?????
The people at my job tend to be...challenging to work with so I just put my head down, do my job and collect my paycheck. They ain't gonna hurt my feelings.
My REAL life starts the minute I clock out. That's what's REALLY important.
Sounds like you have a good job for such a young 'un-hang on to it!
smile.png

yes, what do you think has funded my call duck addiction
lau.gif
yippiechickie.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif
tongue2.gif

heheheh but i must now stop that and save for my own peice of property, right now i have absolutley no bills, except insurance, and cell bill wich aint much. Animals take a toll with feed and whatnot but im well on my way to starting my own farm with my girlfriend who is almost finished her schooling to be a physical therapist, so this could be my career, she says she will let me quit and farm full time once she is making great money WEEEEEEEEEE
fl.gif

Quote:
Most employers frown on using the internet or email for anything but business use. And, they have the right to monitor your internet usage and read anything you post from one of their computers. I would be really careful about being on BYC at work if I were you....

Quote:
Most employers frown on using the internet or email for anything but business use. And, they have the right to monitor your internet usage and read anything you post from one of their computers. I would be really careful about being on BYC at work if I were you....

Thanks i am careful, mostly only during break, and slow parts of the day. Dually noted. and my boss reminds me plenty
tongue.png

I hate my job every single day but the thing to keep in mind is that it pays the bills. I always remind myself of how much I make approx. per day and what I would have to do on the farm to make the same amount of money, or even slightly less. Until I can grow my farm big enough to even the gap, there is no sense in complaining. Just get the work done, grab the paycheck, use it to grow your farm/business and go back to work until you can quit or find something better.

great advice, thats what i plan to do! going to buy land out west in a few years...were its cheaper to live.

Quote:
just remember you also want to have some inforstructure. Hard to sell eggs without anybody living within 100 miles
wink.png

PS> I did have that same thought at first but I do appreciate being close to civilization at times of need

Quote:
Yep, that's what I was going to say. Sounds like you have a nice girlfriend who is going places with her life, a bunch of cute ducks(I've seen the pictures) and until your girlfriend shaved your head, you had a mahvelous haircut. Life is good! Don't sweat the job.
smile.png

Hey, I think you SHOULD move west, like to Texas. See, that way, you and your girlfriend could come take care of my farm so my husband and I could FINALLY go somewhere for a few days! I don't trust just anyone with my ducks!
smile.png

Quote:
Maybe you need to read what you wrote, and rethink whether you are really doing teh job for which you are paid. It's not your place to evaluate whether others are doing their job or not. Unless there is an official flex time policy, you need to ask before expecting that you can shift your work hours.

Last edited:
Poster was right about playing the game to get through it.Keep the job as long as you can.A good paying job is so hard to get.Hopefully the co-workers and boss will lighten up.

I would suggest taking something during the winter months when it does not seem like it is out of the norm.Baked good.Donuts,Coffee.Maybe even a pizza or 2 for lunch.Just don't do it in a way that sets you up being obligated to do it all the time.Just a one time thing.Might crack the ice and if it doesn't oh well you took the first step,was the bigger person,and they know it.Deep down they would know it.

Just be careful with your work.So many times it is like they look for mistakes in the newbies to get them fired.

Back
Top Bottom