1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

BOSS

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Ericasl, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Ericasl

Ericasl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    The Dalles OR
    I am very new to chickens and I have been reading alot of the post and I have no idea what BOSS is? Another is avia charge 2000? I think that must be something you put in he water. I am wondering is that something my hens need? I have 14 hens that i have had for about two weeks and I got 7 eggs today. And some of them are huge, who knew chickens could be so much fun. I just want to be doing the best for them.

Erica

2. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    Black Oil Sunflower Seeds=BOSS
    I don't use AviaCharge so I can't help you with that one [​IMG]

3. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    Avia Charge 2000 is a nutritional supplement you can put in their water - 70+ natural chelated minerals, 23 vitamins and antioxidants, 22 essential amino acids, & enzymes

derived from seaweeds, hydrolyzed fish proteins and oils, plant derived enzymes, lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation extract (good bacteria), aloe vera, bacillus subtilis fermentation extract and garlic. One place that carries it is McMurray Hatchery.
    JJ

Edited to say: p.s. I've been using it for quite some time with my feathered friends - it was recommended by BYC member dlhunicorn.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
  4. Ericasl

Ericasl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    The Dalles OR
    Thank you very much for helping out the rookie!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by