Boss?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by waitin on eggs, Nov 8, 2010.

1. waitin on eggs

waitin on eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2010
    Spartansburg,PA
    I've read alot about BOSS on here for treats, saying that chickens love it. Well I went to TSC and bought "Black Oil Sunflower Seeds" this is BOSS right or wrong? My girls could really care less, They look at me like ok lady wheres are treat, we really don't want these:confused:

Are mine the only chickens that don't like this or did I buy the wrong thing?

2. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    Nope, you bought the right stuff. Funny things are chickens.....

3. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    Sometimes it takes them a few times to get used to it!!

4. waitin on eggs

waitin on eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2010
    Spartansburg,PA
    Quote:whew! I thought I got the wrong thing. I was so excited and thought they would love me for it but NOPE!! So I had a bag a fresh cranberries in the fridge, they certainly did love those. WoW, I guess they still love me!

5. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

Try them again another day. My older girls love them, but it took the younger ones a couple of days to realize they were good to eat. Once one or two get the idea ~ they will all go after them. Chickens are funny that way.

6. iajewel

iajewel Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2008
    Corning IA
    My birds will eat them, but they are not thier first choice. Your birds are normal as mine as they turned up their nose too. My rabbits however can't get enough of them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by