both cockerels? :O

mamamage

Songster
Jan 25, 2018
South Carolina
12ED0E21-6820-4F04-BDBD-BC44DDFE6999.jpeg
A7677A8E-D43C-4349-8ED5-4253E2091722.jpeg
hey everyone! i have two buff orpingtons here that i'm wondering about..one of them for sure i know is a roo (i ordered a rooster), his sibling however, confuses me! his/her comb is just as big, but it's not as red as his/her brother! also, their body shapes and feathers are completely different! my roo still has some down and he's real streamline and skinny, the sibling has no down and is fat like a hen would be! what do you guys think? both boys? the first pic is who i think is a roo, the second is the mystery..

Last edited:
Hmmm, my first thought was the top picture is the cockerel and the bottom picture a pullet, but my BO didn't have that much comb until she was almost twice that age. I'm new to the sexing game but I'm sure more experienced folk will be along to give their opinion. Posting this in the "What Breed or Gender" forum may get you more responses. Beautiful birds by the way!

Hmmm, my first thought was the top picture is the cockerel and the bottom picture a pullet, but my BO didn't have that much comb until she was almost twice that age. I'm new to the sexing game but I'm sure more experienced folk will be along to give their opinion. Posting this in the "What Breed or Gender" forum may get you more responses. Beautiful birds by the way!
Yes, i think that BO's are pretty easy to sex

Back
Top Bottom