Bottle Babies (Goat Bucklings) Photos

MissPrissy

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
May 7, 2007
Forks, Virginia
We eased out into the pastured then called to the goats who for some reason where in the barn on a beautiful warm day.

goats1-1.jpg

It took a few times calling their names but we finally got their attn.

goats2.jpg

It was feeding time for the new bucklings we brought home Monday. Lilah, my lead doe, leaned down as if to say to the baby it was okay to go.

goats3.jpg

Immediately they both came running.

goats4-1.jpg

I have a good crew to help feed these growing babies.

goats5-1.jpg

If you ever wanted a goat I encourage you to get 2 or 3. They are wonderful together. They also make delicious milk!

Here are photos of the geese and the blue orpington chicks.

wow you have allot of does to be girlfriends for these beautiful little guys I might need to come down and get a few kids next time you breed
big_smile.png

Henry

Oh, they are so CUTE!

Everyone has been telling me how good goats are to have. I'm still not so sure I can handle them though. We have only about 4' fences and not in the greatest shape and I wouldn't want them climbing out.

They sure are cute though! And it would be nice to have the milk. I could probably sell it at the health food store I work at (as long as it's labeled "for pet food" ... it's pretty hard to legally sell fresh milk around here).

trish

You can't sell here either. Which is a real shame. The hoops and red tape to even produce artesan cheese is creating a lost skill in the US.

Back
Top Bottom