Bottle Babies I've raised.

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by allanimals21, Oct 10, 2009.

1. allanimals21

allanimals21 Songster

Aug 27, 2009
    MN
    I saw the post about the newborn kitten and it made me think I should post about my 2 bottle babies. One is my cat who is...8 month old now. She is the lone survivor of 4. I think I found them all to late maybe? But I have raised her since she was less than 24 hours old. I will post some pics..The 2nd bottle baby is my goat. Got him at 1 day old. He is now 7 months old. Pics of him also.

[​IMG] Sam at 3 weeks

[​IMG] Same at 3 months

[​IMG] Now at 8 months

[​IMG] Billy at 2 days

[​IMG] Billy at 3 months

And I apparently don't have any recent pics of him. What kind of mom am I?!

2. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

That is so cute!!! I miss bottle raising babies ! My mom and I used to rescue and bottle feed orphaned kittens for about 10 years. I haven;t had a bottle baby in 7 years!

Sam is just Beautiful! Tortoise shells are one of my favs!

I haven;t yet had the opportunity to bottle raise a goat, but I hope it is in my future somewhere!!

Good job on raising such adorable and happy babies! [​IMG]

3. wordgirl

wordgirl One of the Shire-folk

Apr 14, 2009
    She looks just like my baby, Trixxie!

Here's Trixxie at about six and a half months:

[​IMG]

4. Haviris

Haviris Songster

Sep 4, 2007
    To sweet! Later I'll try to post pics of some of my bottle babies!

5. Crittercrzy

Crittercrzy Songster

Sep 4, 2009
    NE Tennessee
    she looks like the kitty I bottle fed..her name is Savannah and she's a total [email protected]!!!!!

6. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    I thought that all calicos were female... or is that an old wives tale?

ETA: Oh, duh! I see where you call Sam a "her". [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  7. silkypie

silkypie Songster

Aug 17, 2009
    Plant City, FL
    oh my goodness~!! [​IMG]

I am trying to convince DH that a goat would be a good addition to our back yard flock. The goat could keep the chickens in line or vise versa

8. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Quote:LOL...I sure don't miss it. It was as exhausting as having a REAL baby in the house. At least a real baby can poop/pee on their own though...[​IMG]

But allanimals...those sure were some cute baby critters!! So good job!!

9. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

That's funny, I loved every minute of it! We would get at least 1 litter every 2 weeks, so we had babies all the time! I just love how their little ears twitch when they are eating and how cute the are with formula all over their little faces! I loved how messy they got when we were weaning them, so cute..a mess, but so cute! I would do it again in a heart beat if given the chance!

10. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Quote:Ohhh...I thought they were so sweet and adorable. But I was working. I actually took them to school with me the first week I had them, and the kids sure loved it. I would be teaching, and walking around with one or the other feeding or wiping. I was glad I worked in a place that allowed me to do that.
    They were probably about 2 weeks when I got them (eyes were open...but couldn't potty on their own and couldn't scooch very far). Between working and getting up nights for feedings/general worry about doing things wrong...it was very stressful/exhausting to me. Maybe I would have enjoyed it more had I been younger w/more energy, or if I hadn't been working...

My two dogs were a big help w/ the potty stimulation at home...lol!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by