Bottle Babies I've raised.

allanimals21

Songster
10 Years
Aug 27, 2009
MN
I saw the post about the newborn kitten and it made me think I should post about my 2 bottle babies. One is my cat who is...8 month old now. She is the lone survivor of 4. I think I found them all to late maybe? But I have raised her since she was less than 24 hours old. I will post some pics..The 2nd bottle baby is my goat. Got him at 1 day old. He is now 7 months old. Pics of him also.

40051_115.jpg
Sam at 3 weeks

40051_299.jpg
Same at 3 months

40051_002.jpg
Now at 8 months

40051_045.jpg
Billy at 2 days

40051_billylaydown.jpg
Billy at 3 months

And I apparently don't have any recent pics of him. What kind of mom am I?!

That is so cute!!! I miss bottle raising babies ! My mom and I used to rescue and bottle feed orphaned kittens for about 10 years. I haven;t had a bottle baby in 7 years!

Sam is just Beautiful! Tortoise shells are one of my favs!

I haven;t yet had the opportunity to bottle raise a goat, but I hope it is in my future somewhere!!

Good job on raising such adorable and happy babies!
clap.gif

She looks just like my baby, Trixxie!

Here's Trixxie at about six and a half months:

28038_100_5592.jpg

oh my goodness~!!
love.gif

I am trying to convince DH that a goat would be a good addition to our back yard flock. The goat could keep the chickens in line or vise versa

Quote:
LOL...I sure don't miss it. It was as exhausting as having a REAL baby in the house. At least a real baby can poop/pee on their own though...
roll.png

But allanimals...those sure were some cute baby critters!! So good job!!

That's funny, I loved every minute of it! We would get at least 1 litter every 2 weeks, so we had babies all the time! I just love how their little ears twitch when they are eating and how cute the are with formula all over their little faces! I loved how messy they got when we were weaning them, so cute..a mess, but so cute! I would do it again in a heart beat if given the chance!

Quote:
Ohhh...I thought they were so sweet and adorable. But I was working. I actually took them to school with me the first week I had them, and the kids sure loved it. I would be teaching, and walking around with one or the other feeding or wiping. I was glad I worked in a place that allowed me to do that.
They were probably about 2 weeks when I got them (eyes were open...but couldn't potty on their own and couldn't scooch very far). Between working and getting up nights for feedings/general worry about doing things wrong...it was very stressful/exhausting to me. Maybe I would have enjoyed it more had I been younger w/more energy, or if I hadn't been working...

My two dogs were a big help w/ the potty stimulation at home...lol!!

Back
Top Bottom