1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bottle Baby Fawn

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Julie_in_PA, May 19, 2008.

1. Julie_in_PA

Julie_in_PA Out Of The Brooder

May 15, 2008
    Southern PA
    Well, I have a new "temporary" addition to my farm. A baby fawn. I'm caring for her - for my uncle. He's in the deer business. She's my first fawn - and this week I will have 4 more dropped off here to bottlefeed as well. I'll have them for approx 8 weeks.

I wish I could find an active Deer Forum to ask my many questions !! Anyone on here ever raise white tail deer ??

2. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    You must show us a picture!

3. Dinos_rock

Dinos_rock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Arizona
    What, no pics!?[​IMG]

4. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

That's too cute! We need pics!
    In the deer business? What are they used for? Hunting, meat, exotic pets? I'm confused

5. debbyluvschickens

debbyluvschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    eastern arkansas
    oooh your so lucky! I raised a fawn a few years ago. we thought she was a buck and named her monster...monster buck...any way she was not a buck. She was soooo sweet, and she even pawed at the door to go outside. She rarely had "accidents" inside. I put her outside when she was 7 months old and she stayed for 4 years and just up and left one day. we still see her from time to time, she has given me several grandchildren. She was my first child..lol.

6. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    My uncle raises deer, I haven't been out there in a long time, so I'm assuming he still has them. He offered to give me a baby buck when he had one, but just after that during hunting season someone killed both their bucks (took the big one, and left the little one to bleed to dealth), so they didn't end up having any fawns that year.

I think I'd have a hard time raising one I had to give up!

7. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    Try TnDeer.com It is mostly for deer hunting but, has a lot of question and answer sections. Pa. may have their own version, not sure tho.

8. Julie_in_PA

Julie_in_PA Out Of The Brooder

May 15, 2008
    Southern PA
    Pictures ? Okie dokie ... you asked for them ... now here's a slide show that I just put together of "Baby Doll" ...

[​IMG]

9. Meesh

Meesh Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Rocky Mountains
    The lion and the lamb.... How cute! Your cat must be, what? 60#? [​IMG] It gives some perspective on how tiny that fawn is.

Cheers,
    Michelle

10. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    Too cute...

Bet you could find someone on www.homesteadingtoday.com that could answer deer questions, if somone doesn't come along here who can!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by