Botulism?

DuckTheChicken

Chirping
6 Years
Sep 25, 2015
My duck is acting really weird she is flopping her head all over and isn’t really moving she is just spinning in circles. Her eyes are foggy too. She is an older duck. Please help!

Is there any paralysis of her legs or wings? It sounds like possible wry neck, a neurological symptom. Could she have been injured? What do you use as feed? Many use human vitamin E 400 IU softgels and a little vitamin B complex daily for wry neck. Is she able to eat or drink? @Miss Lydia or posting on the duck forum might help.

Is there any paralysis of her legs or wings? It sounds like possible wry neck, a neurological symptom. Could she have been injured? What do you use as feed? Many use human vitamin E 400 IU softgels and a little vitamin B complex daily for wry neck. Is she able to eat or drink? @Miss Lydia or posting on the duck forum might help.
There is no paralysis in her legs or wings. I don’t think she was injured we have a fenced off area for our ducks. I use game bird feed from a local producer and chicken scratch for treats. I’ve been helping her eat and drink so I’m not sure.

@DuckTheChicken can you give us more info, how old is she does she free-range [possibly ate something toxic]? how long has she been like this. Is she crested? And can you post a video?
She’s 6 I believe and is not free range. She’s been like this for about 4 days now. She is not crested. I will post a video in a second and reply back to you.

Does she do this constantly? It looks like some sort of neurological symptom, or possibly seizure activity. Have you been able to give her the vitamin E? Is she eating and drinking?

Back
Top Bottom