1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Boudicea Farms

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Boudicea Farms, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Boudicea Farms

Boudicea Farms Chirping

Aug 14, 2010
    Hi I am new to chickens, have property so decided going to my back yard for eggs beat driving 6 miles to town. I live in Weiser Idaho about 4 miles from the snake river and Oregon. I raise South African Boer Goats for breeding and meat production. I just got my newbies a couple of weeks ago 2 plymouth rocks, two astorlops and 4 RhodeIsland reds the girls are all about 5 months old and the rocks and astorlops have started laying. I have them in a coop and hen house, would love it if they could free range, but our resident pair of golden eagles prevents that. They watched us as we built the coop I'm sure in anticipation of a free chicken dinner, but since we also have coyotes and the occasional wolf, plus all the others fox, raccoon and skunk we built a chicken coop equal to fort knox. ( So much for free eggs). So the girls get fresh grass, vegetables and commercial feed from me. So prepare yourselves for a lot of questions. If you have any concerning goats feel free to ask.

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] from AZ.

[​IMG]

3. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Failte

LOVE the name of your farm. I went as Boadicea for Halloween one year. A War of 1812 reenactor was able to guess who I was too!

Enjoy the forum here!

4. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

[​IMG] [​IMG] I hope you like it here!

5. Welcome from NH!! It sounds like you can bring lots to the forum! [​IMG] You'll find ALL the info on chickens you could ever need here!

6. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] & [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. TheBarnSwallow

TheBarnSwallow [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Lit

Welcome to the BYC... plenty of folks to help you with what ever question comes your way.. and I am sure plenty of enablers that will help you acquire more birds than you initially thought you needed.. ha ha [​IMG]

8. ledlauzis

ledlauzis Hatching

Aug 15, 2010
    Local
    Welcome from NH!! It sounds like you are able to provide plenty towards the forum! smile You will discover All of the info on chickens you can actually require right here!

9. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    Greetings from Tucson, AZ and [​IMG] Good luck with the predators. I'm sure your goat knowledge will be welcome here too.

10. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Hello and [​IMG] From Taunton MA ! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: