Bought 50# sack of BOSS and they love it.

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by PhilErvin, Oct 2, 2010.

1. PhilErvin

PhilErvin Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2009
    Yucaipa, CA
    I was at the feed store today and saw they sell 50# of Black Oil Sunflower Seed (BOSS) for $29.95 so I bought a sack. I took it home and threw a handful out to the girls and roo. They were anxious at first but when I threw the second handful they all scattered out away from it. They were slow to get back to it but as I walked away I noticed they were cleaning it up. So I will continue to feed as a treat. I have heard of benefits so I am willing to try anything to keep my girls happy. Cause a happy hen is a productive hen, right? [​IMG]

2. nelgkel

nelgkel Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    FL
    WOW! that is $$$ we pay about $14 for 50lbs...
    OUr chickens LOVE IT!

3. dragonlair

dragonlair Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    Maine
    I pay 19.00 for 40 pounds.

My horses, chickens and goats LOVE them.

4. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    It's less than $10/50lbs at the right time of the year here. Rest of the year it's probably around $12-$15.

5. Boo-Boo's Mama

Boo-Boo's Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

$14.99/40# bag at TSC today...with the $1 off coupon it was $13.99 the girls are out there trying to figure out how to get the bag open...they have been out for about 2 weeks!...used the egg money to buy alfalfa pellets last week...DH is selling 4 more dozen eggs tomorrow so this week they get BOSS [​IMG]

6. PhilErvin

PhilErvin Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2009
    Yucaipa, CA
    WOW!! You all are getting this at a lot better price. I'll start noticing when I buy my feed how much the BOSS is going for and try to buy when it's down. Thanx for all of your input everyone. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by