Bought a Bator!!

Motherhenandflock

Songster
12 Years
May 17, 2007
Southeast Idaho
You are so addictive here with your bators and hatching eggs! This is all your fault!
lol.png

After talking it over with my DH and looking at the great info on homemade bators here, we decided the quickest route would be to go storebought. Checked around and found a Little Giant with fan for a great price at a feed store.
Now I'm looking on ebay for guinea eggs.
Next step, figure out what I'm doing! AAAAAA!
ep.gif

YAY! I went the make your own route... version one and two were cardboard boxes with lamps. Great hatches. Then I made the wood one... and have less time now and have had decent hatches but only use it as a hatcher. I would start out with trying to find eggs locally because I've heard lots of disappointment from shipped eggs. Good luck!

You'll enjoy it so much. I've got some guinea eggs in a bator from ebay. But I'm sure how they are going to do.

If you can get some fresh eggs it would be best.

Good luck!!!

jackie

I have a lg 9200 still air, and it works good. I actually just painted it blue. lol. I hope you have good hatches.

SilkieChicken were the cardboard ones bator or brooders? Can you put pics up, or email me how you did it?

Last edited:
I just bid on 36 guinea eggs on ebay! Watch, I'll win the bid and then have a 100% hatch! You know, beginners luck!
I have not had luck finding any kind of guineas locally. No eggs, no keets, nothing.
Gotta get to reading on here about what to do before and during the hatching process.

Wonderful! It's fun, exciting, nerve-racking, stressful... and totally worth it!
jumpy.gif

I would suggest you first try to hatch eggs that you get from a friend or neighbor to get the whole thing down before spending any money on eggs. I only tell you this because I wish I did- my very first hatch was from mail order eggs, and I had a 43% hatch rate, which isn't horrible, but I think I could have done better by them if I already had one hatch under my belt.

Back
Top Bottom