Bought a "Special Assorted Bargain" and need some help with breeds!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by tdav20, Dec 6, 2014.

1. tdav20

tdav20 Out Of The Brooder

May 5, 2014
    Springfield, IL
    Hi! I bought a Special Assorted Bargain of 25 (plus my extra two) from Murray McMurray and need some help figuring out the breeds! They are 6 weeks old today.

There are some red-sex links, production reds, barred rocks, buffs orpingtons, and black australorps and leghorns (I think), but I've taken lots of pictures and posted them on the ones we're unsure about...

I've given them names and put them here so hopefully someone can copy and paste and send me your best guess!

1. Pongo
    2. Big Bird
    3. Aggie
    4. Pascha
    5. Stingley

Thanks in advance!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  2. happyappy

happyappy Out Of The Brooder

Aug 14, 2014
    Pa
    Aggie looks like my silver spangled hambergs. I got them from the assortment from Murray also. They were awesome at avoiding predators (and me trying to get them in the coop at night)

3. tdav20

May 5, 2014
    Springfield, IL
    Thanks, happyappy. That was my guess for Aggie, too. It's VERY small and VERY fast. By far, the fastest in the brooder.

4. happyappy

happyappy Out Of The Brooder

Aug 14, 2014
    Pa
    I love mine and even ordered more for this coming spring. They can be tamed with a little work and a lot of meal worms. My rooster is 5 months old has yet to crow and is very laid back. The hen is an escape artist but she is beautiful and graceful.

5. Monstro

Monstro Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2014
    Wayland, MI
    I'm new to chickens so dont quote me, but Pascha looks like our Golden Campine

6. tdav20

May 5, 2014
    Springfield, IL
    Ok, so I went back and looked at the photos of them at 4 days old, and they both HIGHLY resemble the Golden Campine (first photo) and Silver Speckled Hamburg (second photo). I think you guys are spot on!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  7. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Aggie looks like a Hamburg cockerel.

A better pic of Pasha would confirm, but I'm thinking Campine.

Pongo, Stingley and Big Bird all look like Dixie Rainbows. Pongo is a cockerel, and I guess could be a very poorly marked Delaware, but I'd really say Rainbow.

8. tandykins

tandykins Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2014
    Gunning, NSW
    Absolute agreement on Aggie. Aggie looks like the silver version of my little golden spangled hamburg roo when he was that age. My hen is 17 weeks old and has barely any comb at all still whereas his was huge at that age.

I adore my GSH roo by the way - he's utterly stunning and incredibly sweet tempered.

9. Monstro

Monstro Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2014
    Wayland, MI
    Beware our campine flys well. Only 5 months old. Ive watched them clear a 6 ft fence by about 2ft and land on the barn nearby. Now we have a top to the pen.

10. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I agree.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by