Bought as Barred rocks (Amrock) but......

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by spish, Feb 23, 2013.

1. spish

spish De Regenboog Kippetjes

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    i ordered 10 chicks a few weeks back, in the end the company could only deliver 7...4 dark 3 lighter (yipee i thought, 4 girls 3 boys)
    but as they've been growing ive become suspicious that they are not actuallyBarred rocks (called Amrocks over here in Belgium).
    for a start only 2 have a single comb....the others have nothing where the comb should be (pea comb?).....2 others have what seems to be feather stumps appearing on their legs....and one of the darker coloured chicks comb and wattles are developing very quickly and it screams ROO to me! what do you think? a cross with something or just really poor quality BR's?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    the one with feathered legs are probably a cuckoo marans
    dominickers [​IMG]

3. spish

spish De Regenboog Kippetjes

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    i asked if they had CM but they apparantly dont...they gave me the excuse that these 'traits' have possibly been passed down from their great great great grandparents and have skipped a few generations as they've never had a problem reported before...im not a happy bunny.

i wouldnt mind if they were CM though...they are hard to find round here :)

dominiquiers are a possibility i know theres breeders of those in the area where the chicks came from....

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by