1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bought as rare breed but they are EE's aren't they

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ben is a terror, Mar 5, 2013.

1. ben is a terror

ben is a terror Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    LBI,NJ & JIM THORPE,PA
    they are so cute but I think I got ripped off on price. I payed double the reg. chick price. there are 4 of them

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ben is a terror

Apr 9, 2011
    LBI,NJ & JIM THORPE,PA
    any thoughts [​IMG]

3. ray24

ray24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2012
    Texas
    Most likely EE's. Maybe you could get a refund?

4. Lots A Cluckin

Lots A Cluckin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2012
    yes those are EE's

5. ben is a terror

Apr 9, 2011
    LBI,NJ & JIM THORPE,PA
    I guess I should be more careful of the signs on the front of the bins. Are EE and Americaunas the same thing? They had those in the next bin but they look the same as the ones I got. rare breed Aracauna is what these were marked

6. gg706

gg706 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    Where did you get them from? You unfortunately can not get real Araucanas from Tractor Supply and places like that. You will only get Araucana from a proper breeder. these are some pics of my Araucanas when they were chicks so you can compare. Do they have tails? If they have a tail bone they are definitely Easter Eggers.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Lots A Cluckin

Feb 28, 2012
    did you get them at TSC?....dont feel to bad everyone gets confused about the differences in EE's and Americana's and Ameraucana's and Aracauna's...now out of those 4 names the only true pure breed is Ameraucana and Aracauna's the other 2 I named above (EE's and Americana's) are just hatchery versions of the 2 true breeds...kind of like if you go to a breeder to get Rhode island red you will get pure heritage RIR's but if you get "RIR's" from a hatchery they are just a hybrid (not a sex-link) just a cheaper version of the true RIR...hope that makes sense...that is the easiest way I know how to explain it.

8. ben is a terror

Apr 9, 2011
    LBI,NJ & JIM THORPE,PA
    It makes it clear now. No matter what they are Mommy loves them

9. Lots A Cluckin

Feb 28, 2012
    I bought "Americana's" from TSC last year I knew before I got them that they were just EE's but I wanted colored eggs...they are wonderful layers...mine did not start until 32 week but once they started they are very good layers 3-5 eggs per week...and all of mine lay a blue egg with a green hint...kind of mint green color.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  10. gg706

gg706 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    [​IMG] Honestly unless you are planning to breed them and sell chicks it doesnt matter. As long as you like them and are happy. They will be gorgeous chickens anyway!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by