1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bought at TSC...Anybody know what breed? 5 Weeks Old.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by FlatcreekFarmGirl, Apr 19, 2009.

1. FlatcreekFarmGirl

FlatcreekFarmGirl Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2009
    Flatcreek
    Hi everyone!
    I am a newbie...my first post. I have become chicken obsessed!! I just love watching these little guys.
    I bought 10 chicks from TSC about 5 weeks ago and I just moved them out into the coop. They look very happy and healthy. They haven't gone outside yet. I am just waiting for them to get a little older.
    I can't figure out what breed they are? The pics aren't the greatest because it is kinda dark in the coop..sorry. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    Black australorps and red sexlinks [​IMG]

3. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    Quote:I agree [​IMG]

4. FlatcreekFarmGirl

Apr 19, 2009
    Flatcreek
    Thanks for everyone's quick replies. The red sex-links are really sweet, they enjoy being held. The black ones are not willing to be held. I am still trying to figure out which ones are boys and which ones are girls...i guess you just have to wait until they are alot older.
    I have two other breeds but I couldn't get a good enough picture of them, they where running around...LOL will try again later to get their pic.

5. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    the one in the last pic looks like a roo

6. FlatcreekFarmGirl

Apr 19, 2009
    Flatcreek
    Here is the other pics of the last breed that I need to indentify..I am pretty sure its a rooo! The tail is shorter that the red sex links in the third and fouth pics. I think that my red sex links are hens?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. emilyweck

emilyweck Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Eugene, Oregon
    C U T E little guy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by