Bought Leghorns Got ?

Looks like I am stuck with my Delaware chickens. Hope i am wrong about all being roosters.
I live in Southern Arizona and summers are like 2 feet from hell. 110 today. How do Delawares do in heat? I water twice a day and keep the ground wet for all my chickens.
More pictures do you see any Girls?

Delawares were originally bred as commercial broilers. The Delmarva penninsula is not as hot as Arizona, but it's sticky-hot so these chickens were bred to do well in heat.

Looks like I am stuck with my Delaware chickens. Hope i am wrong about all being roosters.
I live in Southern Arizona and summers are like 2 feet from hell. 110 today. How do Delawares do in heat? I water twice a day and keep the ground wet for all my chickens.
More pictures do you see any Girls?
You have a LOT of cockerels. I only saw 2 Leghorn pullets in one picture, all the Delawares are male. Hope you have a good sized freezer.

Next time you may want to just order straight from one of the hatcheries. Some will allow you to say whether or not you want substitutions, so you won't wind up with a bunch of birds you don't want.

Not sure if Privett is one but they aren't too far from you.

I tried to return chicks and was told they did not accept returns.

Did you ask for a refund? You might be able to get your money back (for the birds, not the food they ate), even if they won't let you "return" the birds.

Those birds are not all white, which should make it clear even to non-chicken people that you received the WRONG product.

Back
Top Bottom