Bought myself a feathered birthday gift.....

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by Alexandra33, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chook Snuggler

....which also serves as a gift for my runty little zebra finch. :love Poor thing became quite lonely after I sold all 8 siblings (following separation from parents, due to picking). Besides being a unique mutation, she remained unusually petite after fighting the others for nourishment, resulting in the most adorable finch imaginable. She's a keeper. After a few weeks of searching, I've finally located a suitable companion to cure current state of unhappiness. :)

Meet my beautiful spice finch!
    DSCN6155.JPG
    DSCN6150.JPG
    It appears I chose well. Little One is already attached to her new friend....much more so than to the siblings. Nothing cuter than watching them preen each other lovingly after just hours of acquaintance. :love

~Alex

2. ChickNanny13

ChickNanny13 Crossing the Road

Jun 23, 2013
    The Big Island/Hawaii
    :love Thank you for sharing, the coloring is so pretty

Alexandra33 likes this.
  3. TashaFrancois

TashaFrancois Songster

Jun 3, 2018
    Kansas City, MO
    My mother has been obsessed with birds her whole life. When I was little, my dad bought her first. They were a pair of zebra finches. I definitely think you will like my parents Instagram.

Alexandra33 likes this.
  4. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Crowing

Mar 22, 2011
    I use to have spice finches hard to come across these days

Alexandra33 likes this.
  5. MissChick@dee

[email protected] ~ Dreaming Of Springtime ~

Aug 18, 2017
    Caliente Nevada
    Beautiful :love

Alexandra33 likes this.
  6. Tortoise

Tortoise Songster

Aug 19, 2018
    Chicago
    Happy Birthday. Beautiful little gift

Alexandra33 likes this.
  7. Alexandra33

Thank you all so much for the compliments and birthday wishes! :weeI'm absolutely in love with my new addition, as is runty baby. She's? (no singing as of yet, so likely female?) finally settling in. :love Poor thing was clipped, making mobility all the more difficult....hopefully flight feathers will grow back soon.
    DSCN6191.JPG DSCN6188.JPG
    @TashaFrancois , thank you for sharing! :) I will absolutely check them out. So sweet. Nothing speaks my language more than birds.

~Alex

Spyderk117 and TashaFrancois like this.
  8. Serin

Serin Songster

Feb 3, 2019
    Spice finch are one of my favorites. They should get along well.

Alexandra33 likes this.
  9. Alexandra33

I can see why! :) So far, yes, everything's going beautifully.

Any idea when singing, or lack thereof, should commence? I'm eager to find out gender. :D

~Alex

10. Serin

Serin Songster

Feb 3, 2019
    I had spice finches a few years ago. The males began singing in a couple days, but they have very quiet songs, almost inaudible usually - just a buzzing noise. You'll see them get into a pose when they sing which is characteristic though, they raise their heads high and turn side to side.

ColtHandorf and Alexandra33 like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: