Bought new incubator - given 6 eggs silver laced brahma

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by SarahIrl, May 25, 2010.

1. SarahIrl

SarahIrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    West Cork, Ireland
    Anyone any idea what these are like? I know they are a large bird with feathery legs, but that's all...

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  2. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
  3. big medicine

big medicine custom Brahmas

Mar 6, 2009
    Ohio
    Might they be silver penciled, or dark brahmas ?

4. SarahIrl

May 4, 2010
    West Cork, Ireland
    The seller has just told me they are silver laced brahmas. Wow, never expected that!

5. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:OOOK,
    Silver Laced ( you left the Laced part out [​IMG] ) know I know....

Chris

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  6. SarahIrl

May 4, 2010
    West Cork, Ireland
    Just updated the thread title myself, I wasn't sure what silver brahmas were, but he confirmed they are laced. Lucky lucky me, just hope they hatch now!!

7. sydney13

sydney13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2010
    Massachusetts
    i don't have any experience with them yet because my chicks are coming tomorrow but one of will be a brahma. I did tons of research on all the different breeds and choose brahma because apparently they are extremely friendly, very hardy, ok layers, and they will go broody [​IMG]
    your lucky ive never even heard of a silver laced brahma but they must be beautiful [​IMG]

8. SarahIrl

May 4, 2010
    West Cork, Ireland
    IF I am right in thinking it's the same bird, check out the golden eggs thread on hatching & incubation. There's a link there that shows them. I'll have to post pics in about three weeks!

9. big medicine

big medicine custom Brahmas

Mar 6, 2009
    Ohio
    I see by your personal page that you are in Ireland. Was not aware of any laced Brahmas in Europe. Looking forward to seeing photos when available, are these large fowl or bantam ?

10. SarahIrl

May 4, 2010
    West Cork, Ireland
    Large, I think, I just bought the incubator from a guy on an irish website and he put them in for luck. 'Luck' is definately an Irish thing, if someone buys something from you (and especially if they pay full price) then you give something back for luck, a fiver or in this case, 6 hatching eggs. Just hope they make it now, I'm all excited!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by