1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bought these as straight runs last season, need help with breeds

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by wandat24, Apr 17, 2011.

1. wandat24

wandat24 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2011
    Big Cabin, OK
    the one that i have had most problems with finding out what breed is, Spot. I'd like to know what you all think. I'm going to have to get rid of him, and since he's so pretty i don't want to eat him. but, it'll be easier to sell him if i knew what he is. here's two pictures of him:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. wandat24

Apr 14, 2011
    Big Cabin, OK
    another one i'm having problems with is Bossy:
    [​IMG]
    at first i was thinking she's a dutch bantam, but her comb is a lop (can't tell it in this pic cause of wind)

3. wandat24

Apr 14, 2011
    Big Cabin, OK
    then there's blacky 2:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. first is an Easter egger
    the second is a light bown leghorn
    the last is a black sex link

5. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Quote:X2

6. danielle82

danielle82 A Good Egg

Apr 27, 2009
    Tonasket Wa
    Quote:I agree

7. BantyRooster

BantyRooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    Michigan
    Is the rooster in the first pic a full-sized bird or a banty? It looks like and Easter Egger, as bad as I hate that term. Bearded, comb and greenish legs are the indicators. The hen you call blackly looks like a black sex link. The last bird you have has a white ear lobe and my guess would be a brown leghorn hen.

8. BantyRooster

BantyRooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    Michigan
    I opened this post and there were no replies. I started to reply, got sided tracked for a few minutes, and then finished my response. When it posted there were already three post in front of mine. LOL...I love how helpful everyone is on this forum.
    Banty

Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  9. wandat24

Apr 14, 2011
    Big Cabin, OK
    okay, Spot (the rooster) is a full size, i am guessing cause he's just as big or bigger then the others. Him being an EE're explains the babies with poofy checks... Bossy being a light brown leghorn explains the one white egg a day, and the fact she's a bit bigger then the bantams i had as a kid... Blacky 2 I had NO idea lol

10. wandat24

Apr 14, 2011
    Big Cabin, OK
    Quote:the reason i was so confused on her is because she was suppose to be a bantam, but no smaller brownish eggs and always had one white egg.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by