Bought two F2 Olive Egger Pullets. Is 1 a Cockerel?

Alanna

Songster
8 Years
Jun 8, 2012
Hi everyone! So I bought two F2 Olive Eggers that I was told were both pullets. I’m needing second opinions as I’m pretty sure one is a cockerel. I actually bought 8 chickens total from same person and I believe at least half are males. These two are now about 16 weeks old I think. She didn’t have a hatch date for me when I picked them up but said they would start laying within a couple months. The blue/lavender I can tell is a pullet for sure. The dark one is a little smaller but has quite the read comb. Also the tail feathers arent looking very pullet-ey to me either. Lol
AD2BFE8E-BE12-4E39-94B9-D8797B7AA59A.jpeg
E610FEC5-E554-449C-93B1-931BE3A5DD35.jpeg
30FC4A5D-6C36-49CB-ACC0-1C6F9481D87C.jpeg

Thank you everyone! Shucks!!!! Very frusterating! Lol so my follow up question is, when it comes to breeding, I know you breed a dark layer roo to a blue egg layer hen. However, what if an olive egger roo is used instead? What would the eggs potentially look like?

Thank you everyone! Shucks!!!! Very frusterating! Lol so my follow up question is, when it comes to breeding, I know you breed a dark layer roo to a blue egg layer hen. However, what if an olive egger roo is used instead? What would the eggs potentially look like?
Maybe....moss egger egger eggs if it was to a brown layer hen, and pale olive If to a blue layer?

Back
Top Bottom