Bought two golden duck wings

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by slickmike, Apr 5, 2011.

1. slickmike

slickmike New Egg

Apr 4, 2011
    These are the first chickens I have ever owned. They are adult chickens. Is it alright if the only thing I feed them is that Purina layena feed? And should I put anything else in there for them to eat? Also does anyone have any ideas how i supply them with water, do I just put a bowl of water in there with them. Any help will be wonderful...

2. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    [​IMG] from Tx [​IMG]

Are you planning on free ranging your 'chooks? You can buy chicken/poultry waterers/feeders at just about any feed store. If you have a TSC ( Tractor's Supply Co. ) they should have everything you need. You can give your chickens treats, check the treat chart. [​IMG] How old are your chickies?

3. slickmike

slickmike New Egg

Apr 4, 2011
    I do not have a clue how old my chickens are. Is there a way to find out? Because I keep asking and there not saying anything. lol

4. slickmike

slickmike New Egg

Apr 4, 2011
    And yes I plan on free ranging them. The only reason I havent yet, the wife is scared they will run off, and maybe I worry about that to...

5. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    If you post pictures I bet I can help you out on ages. [​IMG]

It depends how old they are..if they're around a month old or so then I bet they can free range..if they've been locked in their coop for a few weeks/days. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by