Boulder, CO Reformed Urbanite

StilettoGardner

Hatching
9 Years
Jul 15, 2010
Boulder, CO
Hello, Chicken Friends!

I recently moved to Boulder, Colorado after spending five years working in high-fashion retail and living in a loft in downtown Denver. While it took a little while to adjust to the Boulder pace (and the deer wandering through my yard), I'm finally settled in!

I grew up in the country in Washington State, so I have some experience with gardening and hobby agriculture, but it's been many years. This Spring, I built a terraced garden out of recovered flagstone and natural rock, and rediscovered the joy of playing in the dirt. Now I'm hooked! Fitness and healthful eating and have always been very important to me, so I've been educating myself on sustainable agriculture and diet. Raising my own chickens just makes sense!

When I began mentioning to friends and family that I was considering constructing a coop and raising a few hens, I received reactions that varied from enthusiastic (that was my hobby farm parents) to patronizing dismissal. Mostly, though, I just heard a lot of jokes regarding the logistics of tending to my flock whilst teetering in Jimmy Choo's. That's OK; they won't tease once they're enjoying my tasty, home-grown eggs!

I'm sure I'll be asking for a lot of advice, so I hope all you Chicken Experts are prepared for a barrage of newbie questions!

Thanks!

Definately don't defile the Choo's or the Blahnicks! But definitely enjoy the chickees!
welcome-byc.gif
from Western Washington!

hey i live in boulder too...you posted this quite some time ago but if you're still in the chicken game say hello...i live in n boulder and just got my first coop and chicks. xo Jess

Hello! I just joined the "BYC" website, and am a little confused about Boulder, CO laws regarding BYC. I live a couple miles south of the campus near Table Mesa and Broadway. Could anyone point me in the right direction and/or let me know if having BYC is possible? I'd also love to meet anyone in Boulder who currently has BYC! Thanks guys.

-Brian

Back
Top Bottom