1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bourbon Red Turkey eggs (OH) Trade

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by prinls, Apr 6, 2009.

1. prinls

prinls Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2009
    SW Ohio
    I have never shipped eggs before and I want to give it a try. Is anybody else in the same boat ?
    If so lets trade and give each other constructive criticism.
    I have 2 turkey hens laying and would like to trade for chicken eggs. I'm thinking 6 turkey eggs would be good to start off with.
    Breeds I am interested in would be BLRW, Marans, Barnevelders, Silkies (no mixed colors please). I would definitely consider other breeds.
    The only thing I ask is that they are purebred and I would prefer that they be from a state not too far from Ohio.
    [​IMG]

2. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    Would you be interested in Buff Orpingtons?

3. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I'm on the other side of the U.S. but would glady ship. I have blue/black/splash orps in with some other breeds of hens--so some would be purebred, the others would be cochin x orpington mixes. I also have black, standard Crevecoeurs that I would be willing to trade, as well...thanks!

4. KYBOY

KYBOY Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Eastern,Kentucky
    Ive shipped plenty of eggs before..Im down in Ky and could give you some tips and pics of how i do mine..Ill PM you what chicken eggs I have I could trade [​IMG]

5. prinls

Mar 26, 2009
    SW Ohio
    Ooh you guys are tempting me.
    I want to be extremely fair so I need to add that the eggs are not laid yet. So far I have one from today. I definitely would not expect anyone to send theirs until I could send mine.
    I just ran out to the coop to check and there isn't another one yet. Come on girls.
    Also I would be willing to do more than one trade if you would be willing to wait on the girls to lay. Again I would not expect you to ship before I do.
    Thanks,
    Lisa

6. prinls

Mar 26, 2009
    SW Ohio
    Quote:I would definitely be interested in the bbs orps if they were separated.
    I just looked up the Crevecoeurs on feathersite. They are outrageously gorgeous ! I promised myself that I wouldn't get any more white layers. How do they lay though ? Please, tell me terribly lol.

7. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Quote:I would definitely be interested in the bbs orps if they were separated.
    I just looked up the Crevecoeurs on feathersite. They are outrageously gorgeous ! I promised myself that I wouldn't get any more white layers. How do they lay though ? Please, tell me terribly lol.

My hen usually lays every other day and the eggs are HUGE for a medium-sized bird!

8. justinszoo

justinszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2008
    NW Ohio
    Id take the offer in a second if my blrw's were laying. If u still interested in a trade when they start laying PM me.

9. Tlayel

Tlayel New Egg

Apr 7, 2009
    Mount Holly
    I'm in NC would you consider trading your eggs for Royal Palm eggs?

Thanks Tony

10. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    POCKET CHICKENS!!!!!!!!---- SERAMA EGGS?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by