Bourbon Turkeys in CO

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by colowyo0809, Sep 29, 2010.

1. colowyo0809

colowyo0809 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2010
    Dacono, CO
    Ok, so I'm gonna post something similar in the CO thread, but figured I'd hit both places in case there are people paying attention to one but not the other [​IMG]

I'm looking to raise some Bourbon Reds next spring and wondered if there was in anyone in CO who was raising them who I could get chicks from? I'd like to raise them, not just grow and butcher.
    Thanks!

2. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

Try Farmerlor here on BYC, they have a couple posts going in this section.

Steve

3. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

I've got some very nice Bourbons and from the looks of things I'll be overrun with hatching eggs and/or poults this coming spring.

4. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Quote:I still get the 50% comission fee right? [​IMG]

Steve

5. farmerlor

I think it's the standard 10% referral fee in this particular case. Thanks Steve.

6. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Quote:IC cheapskate.... LOL. got your email, you are top of the list when you are ready and/or it warms up there in the spring.

Steve

7. farmerlor

We're ready the minute you have fertile eggs! Can't wait to get started.

8. colowyo0809

Apr 27, 2010
    Dacono, CO
    Quote:yay! just let me know your price and where your located and I will be there this spring to pick them up, or meet someplace to pick them up [​IMG] we are looking at 12 to 15 (i have no compunctions at all with eating turkey one week a month every month of the year [​IMG] ) poults and would love the chance to raise them!

9. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    sure you don't want some Auburns, located in CA??? I have a this year's quad... plus an extra tom... ready to rock in the spring. From Porter's stock.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. colowyo0809

Apr 27, 2010
    Dacono, CO
    Quote:lol, the problems with that are
    a. i don't want full grown birds
    b. i don't want to ship if i don't have to, had a bad experience with shipped youngs this past spring/summer
    c. how are they compared to bourbons? near as I can tell bourbons are the right size for our small family, are pretty enough to suit us both, and are good at being raisable and raising themselves
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by