Box-up your long-crowers, Town bans whistling and singing:

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by LarryPQ, Jun 22, 2010.

1. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
  2. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Oh watch it I always heard " A whistling girl and a crowing hen always come to a no good end " [​IMG]

3. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:REALLY?! I've never heard that one! I whistle all the time and our GSLs always perk up and follow me... weird.

4. Sunny the Hippie Chick

Sunny the Hippie Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    Brookings Oregon
    That is just crazy.. Next they will ban snoring.. Its ridicoulous...

Glad I dont live in that town.

5. PineappleMama

Honestly I can understand a noise ordinance between 11p and 7a, it's the "...or at any time or place so as to annoy or disturb the quiet" What was the point in specifying those hours and public places when really ANYtime or ANYplace (even your own home) can get you fined.

Also, even the officer they talked to said "If you annoy someone"... that's all it takes, someone deciding that they want to cause you trouble so they tell the operator that Bob sang and he gets slapped with a fine... whether an officer saw/heard a thing. Seems like this is just asking for trouble to me.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  6. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    So what about outside events and a person sings the national anthem very badly at a game,it would proubly be on video and turned in as evidence....

7. lovesduckies

lovesduckies Bedroom Farm Inc.

Jan 11, 2010
    the ducky room
    really??? what is this world coming to. pretty soon it will be illegal to walk outside your own house. you'll have to do it a certain way. why can't they just catch people who are breaking laws that we ALREADY have???

8. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    It's just at night... I think it's good [​IMG]

9. PineappleMama

Quote:IF it was just the 11-7 that'd be okay by me... but they had to add a loophole "...or at any time or place so as to annoy or disturb the quiet" making it possible for a jerky person or very literal officer to abuse it. Take that out and I'm okay with it... add heavy metal on your electric guitar at 3am (which sets off the neighbor's dogs which set off my dogs all of which the guitarist can't hear over their amped up strumming) while they're at it.

10. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Well, I didn't see the text of the ordinance, only a news article about it, so there may well be some limitations/specifications about the any time or place that are more reasonable than implied by the news story.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by