Boxing Gloves? Help needed!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sunny & the 5 egg layers, Dec 20, 2011.

1. UFC Womans Bag Gloves

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Century Womans Boxing Gloves With Diamond Tech

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Everlast Womans 12oz Pro Style Training Gloves

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    I found out today that my mom has always wanted a pair of boxing gloves. Since the holidays are right around the corner, I wanted to get her a pair. She said that she only wanted them for excersise (meaning she isn't looking to actually box with other people, just on her own and hitting the bag around).
    The reason I am posting this is I am wondering what pair you guys like the most and what pair are "the best" for what she wants them for?
    Here is what I have found so far:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I like the middle ones. She's only using it for practice...and we bought a pair like that for my brother-in-law last year! lol

3. sunny & the 5 egg layers

Mar 29, 2011
    Quote:[​IMG] I am sure your brother in law was very pleased with you for getting him pink gloves! [​IMG] Thats hilarious!

4. sunny & the 5 egg layers

Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  5. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Because I do hand work that is fast and needs different positions for martial arts, I don't like the curled, all-coverage gloves. I have some that I will try to post a photo of when I get home that I find I can get a wider range of use out of, but that still protect your knuckles from getting skinned off. For any glove though, you can get used ones for a very affordable price at many sport shops. Some are still sparkly because they have barely been used. I know some people get offended by used gifts, but if your mom isn't one of them, it is a great way to get a high quality glove. I bought my gloves and my wrestling shoes that way. I recommend wrestling shoes or just socks if she is doing any foot work too (but shoes if kicking a bag!). What kind of bag is your mom planning on using? Hanging? Standing? Speed?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  6. sunny & the 5 egg layers

Mar 29, 2011
    Ok, one more question. How would I size these boxing gloves? The choses are either 12oz or 14oz. Not sure which to pick. [​IMG] I appoligize for the newbie questions.

7. sunny & the 5 egg layers

Mar 29, 2011
    Quote:I want to say it is a speed bag she is planning on using. Thank you for all the info. [​IMG] I appriciate it!

8. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Oh awesome! That should be fun. [​IMG] And, as luck would have it, they now make "speed bag gloves". There are two main designs, mittens, and fingerless gloves. I prefer the fingerless gloves myself, but ones that come a bit past the knuckle. A lot of the cheaper ones are vinyl, which can be slippery and not well-fitted. Speed bag gloves are best if they have a bit of grip, so you aren't sliding all over the bag. This site has some nice wrap and glove tips:
    http://www.speedbagcentral.com/ssp/speed_bag_parts

Also, pink gloves are awesome. [​IMG]

9. sunny & the 5 egg layers

Mar 29, 2011
    Quote:Thank you for the link. Could she use "regular" boxing gloves? (as in do they have to be marked "speed bag gloves"?) Could she maybe use the Everlast ones (something like the gloves in the second picture)? I am just wondering if they would work just the same or not?
    Thanks again, BYC to the rescue once again! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by