BOY/GIRL/BREED HELP

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by justmesb, May 22, 2008.

1. justmesb

justmesb Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2008
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    [​IMG]

OK THIS IS HAWK WE PURCHASED IT MARCH 8TH IT WAS 2 WKS AT THE TIME SO I'D SAY ITS 3 MONTHS OLD NOT SURE IF ITS A HEN OR ROO OR THE BREED ANY THOUGHTS?????

2. roosters97

roosters97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    VA
    amerucania (SP?) i'd say boy?

3. justmesb

Apr 29, 2008
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    OK SO A BOY, WILL HE GROW A COMB? SHOULD I KEEP HIM SEPERATE FROM MY ONLY OTHER ROOSTER?? WE HAVE HAD ONLY ONE ROO FOR SO LONG I WOULD HATE FOR ANYTHING TO HAPPEN TO HIM.

4. sara

sara Title Needed Here

It's an easter egger, as for the gender, I'm not sure from the picture, it could be a pullet, I can't see the comb.

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  5. justmesb

Apr 29, 2008
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    [​IMG]

NO COMB ITS FUNNY IT LOOKS LIKE A BALD OLD MAN WITH A HUGE BEARD. ITS FEATHERS ARE SO SOFT AND NOT SURE IF YOU CAN TELL BUT THE LEGS ARE LIKE AN OLIVE COLOR.

HOW CAN YOU TELL THE SEX?????

6. Gindee77

Gindee77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    QCA, Illinois
    Going by the legs, I'd say it's an EE pullet. But it's comb is pretty wide, but not much red...how many rows of "peas" are in the comb? Is there one ridge or three?

I'm sure no expert!! [​IMG]

7. mmajw

mmajw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Maine
    That is an EE hen

8. Broke Down Ranch

Broke Down Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    Easter Egger pullet.

9. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Quote:I agree

10. BantyHugger

BantyHugger Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Ponder
    I'm horrible at sexing EE chicks, but if it turns out to be a boy definitely seperate him. I've had 2 (at different times) before and they fought with my Rhode island Red Rooster like crazy. They're very possessive of the hens and generally don't like other males. I evenually sold mine because my ducks began to set eggs and they would go after her too. Meanest things ever. Yours might be gentle like my RIR was but i've had it with EE Roos! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by