Boy, girl, or too early ? ...picture heavy... updated 8 weeks

fused1013

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 22, 2013
Southeast MI
I posted this on another thread and was informed this may get more hits. I just have a gut feeling my "pullet" Tiggy (winkle) is not a pullet. She/he is feathering slower than the others,the coloring in the feathers is getting brighter and splotchier and the tail is different.

I managed to get a few still shots of the comb. My gut tells me she's a he. This was taken at 4-1/2 weeks

I got several more today

a bit over 7-1/2 weeks:

other side, the chest feathers are getting black in them now and the reddish color is getting brighter

with the others

front

front

under the hen house, the tail feathers got some skinny little tips on them that are curling downwards

8 weeks top

top close-ups

with the others at feeder

another top view

top left angle

top right angle. and.. I just heard what sure sounded like a crow

it does look like it could end up being a rooster. however, my experience is not with breeds with that style comb. dealing with breeds with a pea comb, it can be difficult to determine gender when they are young, but start listening for a voice change within the next couple of weeks. i hope this helps.

That bird is a cockerel, at least in my opinion. The comb is red, the coloring is patchy, and the body is masculine. Very pretty boy, though!

Back
Top Bottom