1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Boy? Girl? Please say girl...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by koakritters, Jul 19, 2011.

1. koakritters

koakritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    Petaluma
    Every other chick I've gotten from my rooster that i've fallen in love with has been a boy!!! Please say this one's a girl... Hatched June 26, 2011 so that's like, 3 weeks old-ish?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Zaxby's2

Zaxby's2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    a place
    Definite rooster.... KIDDING! Scared you though, huh? (sorry I'm a weird person [​IMG]) It's hard to tell at such a young age but so far it looks like a pullet. Congrats! [​IMG]

3. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    It's a bit early yet, but if I had to guess................sorry to say...............it's stance looks like a cockerel. [​IMG]

But it's still early - another 3 weeks you should know for sure. Cute little bugger.

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I can't tell. I can't see past all that perfectly cut green grass. Oh, wait, I see the chicky! Looks rather girly to me but she/he is rather young.

5. 6chickens in St. Charles

6chickens in St. Charles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    St. Charles, IL
    Looks like a TURKEY, doesn't he/she?

6. Moonchild

Moonchild Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Spartanburg,SC
    Yeah give it a few more weeks....I had two BlueJG's they where pullets for ever...then at 12 weeks CROW...BOOOOO...but hopefully [​IMG] it's a pullet!!! GoodLuck!!! Oh I kept one of the roosters and NOW he is HUGE!!!!! So let us know what it is. But if pushed to vote I would vote....Don't Know [​IMG] but as I look at the little booger I may say roo...hope I'm so wrong! And Yes Perfect Grass is it real???

7. koakritters

koakritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    Petaluma
    6chickens in St. Charles :

Looks like a TURKEY, doesn't he/she?

HAHA. This is definitely NOT a turkey. This is a cross between my RIR and my silkie!!! [​IMG]

and yes, the grass is fake. Took the pics in my parent's front yard, fake grass... but it's nice for laying on, no mud or bugs! Of course the chicks don't appreciate that.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by