Boy? Girl? Update, more pics

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by emvickrey, Oct 17, 2010.

1. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    I have been searching for a white Silkie roo and my only white silkie let me take this picture. I have a feeling it's a boy? Am I right or wrong.
    [​IMG]
    By emvickrey at 2010-10-17
    Here are the added pics
    [​IMG]
    By emvickrey at 2010-10-18
    [​IMG]
    By emvickrey at 2010-10-18

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  2. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I'm definitely not a silkie expert- they are tough sometimes! Can you see any waddles? (sp?) I had a pair for a few weeks, and the little roo started showing waddles quite early, and the pullet did not.

3. acid_chipmunk

acid_chipmunk Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!

Mar 29, 2010
    Looks roo-ish to me by the comb, but we would need more pics to give a better guess. Are there streamers on the back of the head?

4. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    How old? The comb looks pretty wide but I don't see any streamers yet.

5. Lbrad7

Lbrad7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Ringgold, GA
    I really don't know much about silkies either but looks a little rooish to me too.

6. emvickrey

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    It is 6 months old and there is another in the silkie pen that is a hatch mate and it is crowing. His comb is lightly larger than this white one and his feathers have came out alot sooner than the others. Sometimes I think the white one is getting streamers then the coating falls off and it doesn't look like streamers anymore. I'll get more pics when I catch him in the pen. They have the day out free ranging and will not let me touch them right now. They take their freedom days seriously. [​IMG] I will get some more pics posted as soon as I can. I sure hope this one is a roo because I really need a white one. I've been looking for one but I think I need to hold off on my search till I know what this one is.

7. emvickrey

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    Quote:No waddles but neither does the one I know is a roo. Unless girls crow. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by