Boy? Girl? You know you want to!!! **More Pics Added**

cluckcluck42

Songster
10 Years
Oct 4, 2009
Quebec
Okay, in the bunch are 3 mixed breeds (RIR X EE) and the rest are EE's. I Know these aren't very good pictures, they are mostly skittish of us. Only my fave buddy Hansel was ok with being picked up.

Please give your best guess, I appreciate it very much! As a first time chicken owner I have NO idea what to look for, and googling hasnt helped lol.

Here is a very pretty EE I am hoping is a girl, Flufsy. Uh oh, does that look like a spur to you guys?

42359_chicks_047.jpg

42359_chicks_045.jpg

Here is Hansel, a RIR x EE cross. Murphys Law a boy name will equal a girl chicken, right!??!
fl.gif

42359_chicks_040.jpg

Top view

42359_chicks_044.jpg

Side

42359_chicks_049.jpg

This is Big Bird, who was stuck in his shell as a chick and had a membrane stuck around his leg and couldnt walk. He is huge now! The mixes grew much faster than the EE's.

42359_chicks_050.jpg

42359_chicks_051.jpg

Any ideas?? These guys wouldnt come to me.

42359_chicks_052.jpg

42359_chicks_043.jpg

42359_chicks_053.jpg

42359_chicks_062.jpg

42359_chicks_066.jpg

Last edited:
First one - Boy.

Second one - Girl.

The first will grow to be very splashy with lots of white, and most likely have golden hackle and saddle feathers with some red here and there on the wings.

Quote:
Darn- Thought so. He's so handsome already! Here is the daddy.

42359_1_rick_james.jpg

Second one- Good! Thats my favourite and would be staying regardless. Woo!!! I hope one day soon I can tell just from looking what they are. :S

Robin'sBrood :

I'm going to *guess* girl on the first 2, and
hu.gif
on Big Bird since the pic is so small.
idunno.gif
about the last pic either. How old are they?

January 30th
smile.png
Almost 6 weeks old.

Thanks for the guesses!!!! Reuploading that pic but bigger. I also added a new one.​

Last edited:
Yeah, in the last photo it looks like you have a lot of girls and a lot of boys who follow daddy's same color traits. I have an EE with a lot of white and golden hackles like that too, and am guessing he'll create offspring to look much like him.

Quote:
I'm so glad because mommy is quite dull! I hope your chicks come out the same colour as mine, they are just so pretty. If I get two hens that arent brown I will be very happy
smile.png
And handsome roosters are easier to rehome!

Oh wow! You have a lot of silver girls - The last couple photos show a lot of silver EE pullets. I'm sooo jealous.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Really?! Awesome!! That makes me verrrrrry happy!!

How do you tell which are pullets? I've read up on it but I just don't "get it"
idunno.gif

Are you going to be hatching any EE chicks soon??

Back
Top Bottom