Boy oh Boy

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by xke4, Sep 19, 2008.

1. xke4

xke4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2007
    [​IMG]
    Really hoping that you will tell me this is a hen........

2. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    Very pretty duck! What kind is it?

3. xke4

Feb 3, 2007
    he/she is a rescued Muscovy

4. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    is it a muscovy. mix? Wheres the red fleshy stuff? If i had to guess tho i'd say hen! [​IMG] I'm no expert though at all! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  5. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I would say duck at this time as the feet are not frankenfeet from what I can see. Scovy drakes have HUGER feet than the ducks.

6. xke4

Feb 3, 2007
    Thanks!! I am clinging to your guess. 5 huge drakes and one tiny mallard duck do not make for a good ratio going in to the winter. Not sure if it is a cross or not. Were brought in as "mallard" ducklings to the rehab place that I work when those that would know were away for the day. Clearly NOT mallards, they were given to me to raise and see what the heck they were. We are not supposed to take in domestic animals. Never having dealt with Muscovies, I am at a loss to what the heck they are. Glad to hear that you don't think her feet are really large. She and her litter mate make trilling sounds not hisses if that helps. I can't believe the rate at which these 2 grew!!!
    Unfortunately, the Rouen that came in at the same time as them but from a different location has turned out to be a male. Sigh. What gives??? Of the 11 Wood Ducks that I raised this year and released, only 2 were female!!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by