1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

boy or girl and what breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chickmchickie, Aug 2, 2011.

1. chickmchickie

chickmchickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2011
    Ely Mn
    Here is the free chick i got from mcmurry.. i have no clue what breed it is yet.. 25 days old

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

I really cant tell yet. and the pic is not close enough or clear, but is a cute he/she. [​IMG]

3. chickmchickie

Jul 6, 2011
    Ely Mn
    The photo is clear, but i will try to get a closer one, i didnt want to blind him or her hahahah.. thank you for posting

4. AccentOnHakes

AccentOnHakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    A boy; the free chicks they send are always sexed as males. Plus, this guy is getting a comb already!

5. chickmchickie

Jul 6, 2011
    Ely Mn
    Thank you for your post, all of my chicks have combs, and they are all pullets and infact theirs are bigger then this ones comb.. man is it hard or what to figure this all out lol.. either you do it at a day old or you have to wait till they grow up? I dont want any boys and would rather give it away then get attached to it, so the sooner i know the better..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by