boy or girl EE?

cupman

Songster
8 Years
Apr 12, 2011
Portland, OR
This EE is 6 weeks old. maybe 7. I have another EE the same age and they are pretty much the same size. The picture is kind of crappy because she escaped my makeshift brooder and was scared to death as I was snapping pics. I sort of think shes a girl but those tail feathers make me wonder. The second picture is kind of dark.. but makes her look like a him. I really don't know.

86324_100_0047.jpg
86324_100_0045.jpg

86324_100_0046.jpg

If it's inconclusive I'll try to get better pictures later.

oh goodie. I would like another rooster for my flock but I'd like to pick which breed that is.. not a surprise one. Thanks you guys

pullet

68634_ee.jpg

68634_dsc_0007.jpg

I have two just like yours!
the first picture she is 25 weeks, no eggs yet.

Last edited:
pullet if it was a cockeral then you would see slinder pointed hackles and the makings of the slinder saddle feathers also the comb would be bigger and redder by now

That bird looks almost exactly like our girl, Hawk. She's very pretty! Our Hawk has impressive tail feathers too, although alongside the roo, there is no comparison now, at 16 weeks. I can't see her comb, but that was our first signal that one of our "pullets" was a cockerel. If the comb is like the one in the picture JodyJo posted, you've definitely got a girl.

Back
Top Bottom