Boy or Girl? Frizzle Cochin

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Hotttmommi, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Hotttmommi

Hotttmommi Songster

Im thinking roo? but not sure. It is about 13 weeks or so old. This pic is about 3 weeks old so i guess it was around 10 or 11 weeks old inthe pic. It is fully feathered our silkie just thought it was the funniest thing to pluck Shocks feathers. They are almost all grown back now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    Boy I think...

3. Hotttmommi

Hotttmommi Songster

Thats what I am hoping. I would love to cross him with my white silkie. Thanks. Anyone else think it is a boy????

4. redroosta

redroosta Flown the Coop

May 29, 2009
    male, FOR sure.that pic is at 3 weeks old, right?

5. Hotttmommi

Hotttmommi Songster

Sorry let me clarify the picture is about 3 weeks old. Shock was about 10 weeks or so in the picture. Sorry if I confused anyone.

6. txchickie

txchickie Songster

Nov 15, 2008
    Texas
    I vote roo....even at 10 weeks.

I have a red frizzle cochin and I looooove him! But the others do peck at his feathers occasionally [​IMG] like they look like worms or something [​IMG]

7. peakpoultry

peakpoultry Songster

Mar 25, 2009
    Marana, Arizona
    Roo! [​IMG]

8. Hotttmommi

Hotttmommi Songster

His feathers are coming back in good so he looks MUCH better. That silly silkie that is in with him ( and has been since both were a day or 2 old) is just a bully i guess. I was told today the silkie is a pullet so i dont know why she is mean i always thought silkies were supposed to be nice. LOL Guess not always true.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: