Boy or Girl Questions

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Kathryn4629, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Kathryn4629

Kathryn4629 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2010
    Colbert, WA
    Ok here we go. I have 8, Buff Orpington X EE (Roo) chicks. Well actually one chick could be from my cochin hen because she has a few feathers on the legs. [​IMG] They are about 4 weeks old and I am thinking that I have 5 roos and 3 hens [​IMG] Hoping you guys can help me out on gender. Pretty Please. Please excuse the not so great pics but my camera battery was going dead and those chicks dont like to stay still.

#1 These are two of the ones that look very roo like. Left to Right numbering Chick #1 Chick#2
    [​IMG]

#2 Left to Right Chick #3 Chick #4 (ignore the others)
    [​IMG]

#3 Chick #5 Chick #6 (ignore the blurry one)
    [​IMG]

#4 Chick 7
    [​IMG]

Thanks so much for the help!!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  2. Blue_Myst

Blue_Myst Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    Chicks 3 and 5 look like pullets to me. I would lean towards all the others being roosters, but chick 7 could be female, it's hard to tell.

I'm sure you won't have trouble finding homes for the roosters if you can't keep them all, they look like they'll grow into handsome chickens! [​IMG]

3. Kathryn4629

Kathryn4629 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2010
    Colbert, WA
    Yeah #7 Is very confusing to me because of the lack of wattles, and all the Brown ones seem to mature faster than the white/speckled ones. [​IMG]

4. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Boy, Boy

Girl, boy, buff guy in BG is a roo.

Boy, girl, boy

Boy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by