Boy or Girl Silkie X?

No sex linkage I'm aware of. As stated, the dominant white of the leghorn will give you white chicks with some black spots, both genders.
I'm not sure what type of sex link you were expecting?

Because Id(Inhibitor Dermal) wich is a Sex link gene, Silkies are id+(recessive) and Leghorns are Id(dominant) FM(Fibromelanotic, the gene that makes silkies skin black is NOT sex lined but can only be expressed with the help of id+ )

id+ being recessive will not be expressed in Boys that will have Id from her mother, even if they carry Fm they will look normal(not black skin) BUT since Girls will be id+ Only(no Id gen in them) they will fully express Fibromelanosis

Boys will be Id/id+(Id from Leghorn Female, id+ from silkie hen) Fm/fm+ (dominant Fibromelanotic from Silkie roo) they will not be black skinned
Girls will be id+/-(they can only have one copy of that gene because its sex lined and hens are ZW, but boys are ZZ, Id, or id+ is in cromosome Z) and Fm/fm+ they will have Dark skin from hatch...

big_smile.png

Yeah, nicalandia, tadkerson and henke and those others get way beyond what I understand. You could pm him (nicalandia) and see what he thinks.

That one's way beyond my pay grade
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom