boy or girl?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Corey NC, May 8, 2007.

1. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    I have two chicks that are about 8 weeks one buff orp (Moe) and one speckled sussex (buttons), I know for sure the buff orp is a roo but I am not sure about the SS. She ([​IMG]) has a comb and it is slightly pinkish but not nearly as pink or as big as the buff orp. I already have a home for the buff orp, do I need to find a home for the SS?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2007
  2. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    The SS looks like a hen to me. Definitely a roo with the buff.

3. Picco

Picco Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    NY
    They both look like roos to me... sorry

4. MayberrySaint

MayberrySaint Chillin' Out

Mar 7, 2007
    Mount Airy, NC
    Corey...are you still wanting to get rid of your BO rooster. I have to make a trip to Raleigh on Thursday and could pick him up that afternoon if you still want to give him away.

Andy

5. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    Actually I have found him a home about 20 minutes from me. He can't take the roolet for a while because he is getting day olds on the nineth and doesn't have any other chickens. So until his chicks are big enough to be with him I am holding onto him. I have some chicks batam NNs and some from my own flock due saturday so if you want some of them then I am sure we could work something out. : )

6. MayberrySaint

MayberrySaint Chillin' Out

Mar 7, 2007
    Mount Airy, NC
    Thanks for the reply Corey. I have purebred Buff Orpingtons, Australorps, Light Brahmas and S-L Wyandottes, so I am looking for a roo of one of those breeds. I ordered 32 female chicks thinking that I would get at least one rooster. Guess what??? McMurray was 100% accurate on the sexing...lol. Oh well, if I don't get a roo, the girls will probably be happier anyway.

Andy

7. Rebel Chicken

Rebel Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2007
    southern Indiana
    The SS looks like a hen to me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by