boy or girl?

Corey NC

Songster
12 Years
Mar 28, 2007
North Carolina
I have two chicks that are about 8 weeks one buff orp (Moe) and one speckled sussex (buttons), I know for sure the buff orp is a roo but I am not sure about the SS. She (
fl.gif
) has a comb and it is slightly pinkish but not nearly as pink or as big as the buff orp. I already have a home for the buff orp, do I need to find a home for the SS?

100_0992.jpg

100_1001.jpg

100_1004.jpg

100_0997.jpg

Last edited:
Corey...are you still wanting to get rid of your BO rooster. I have to make a trip to Raleigh on Thursday and could pick him up that afternoon if you still want to give him away.

Andy

Actually I have found him a home about 20 minutes from me. He can't take the roolet for a while because he is getting day olds on the nineth and doesn't have any other chickens. So until his chicks are big enough to be with him I am holding onto him. I have some chicks batam NNs and some from my own flock due saturday so if you want some of them then I am sure we could work something out. : )

Thanks for the reply Corey. I have purebred Buff Orpingtons, Australorps, Light Brahmas and S-L Wyandottes, so I am looking for a roo of one of those breeds. I ordered 32 female chicks thinking that I would get at least one rooster. Guess what??? McMurray was 100% accurate on the sexing...lol. Oh well, if I don't get a roo, the girls will probably be happier anyway.

Andy

Back
Top Bottom