1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Boy or Girl?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by cluckychick, Jul 11, 2008.

1. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    I have four bantams that I would like to sale and I'm not sure if this one is a roo or hen. I always thought it was a hen till this morning it come out of the coop and grab a hen by the back of the neck and then turned around and did it to another one. Now I'm confused, was it just saying "get out of my way" or was it saying "lay down"?? If you know please let me know, thank you.
    Aprox. age is 13 weeks [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

If it's grabbing hens prob a boy...i'm not real good at rose combs (is that what he has there?) it's a bit blurry. So I hope someone else can give you a for sure. Looks roo to me tho.

3. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Thats a rooster by his feather coloring alone, has his comb been cropped, it sure looks like it

Its hard to tell but he looks like a modern game cross?, that comb is strange though at 13 weeks he wouldnt be cropped. You will have a Randy Roo on your hands I think if you keep him

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  4. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    Thank you!! I don't know what you mean by cropped but I've had them from day old or maybe two. Got them from the farm supply store. Hopefully I will find him a nice home. Gonna list him on Craigslist now [​IMG]

5. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Yes, I agree he is a rooster. He has a small comb and the wattles are pretty small, I think he is some game mix.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by