1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Boy or girl?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by newchickiefarmer, Aug 14, 2008.

1. newchickiefarmer

newchickiefarmer Out Of The Brooder

Jul 16, 2008
    Montana
    Okay, so the chickies are 6 weeks old now. I think that I should be able to tell the sex, but I can't!!! [​IMG]

Soooooo.... a little help please??

[​IMG]

If you look really close you can see the pink under his chin (waddle maybe?) Do only males get the waddle? Help!! :|

Oh...and here's one more, this one doesn't have as big of a comb as the first (it would NOT just look at the camera! [​IMG])

[​IMG]

any help is appreciated [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  2. DouglasPeeps

DouglasPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    I only see 1 picture. It is very hard to tell from your picture. Can you also get a close-up of the head? That would really help.

3. DouglasPeeps

DouglasPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    They are both there now [​IMG]

4. newchickiefarmer

Jul 16, 2008
    Montana
    Well...they just don't cooperate with me when i have the camera in my hand. How about this..if i can get close enough to look, what am i looking for ?

5. beckyloveschicks

beckyloveschicks Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2008
    NC
    I'm no help.

I have 18 BR and RIRs that are 8 weeks old and I can't tell the gender. I guess I'm going to have to wait for crowing and laying.

They're cute, though. Love the frizzle!

6. newchickiefarmer

Jul 16, 2008
    Montana
    okay maybe this is a tad bit off thread...but please someone tell me...what is rir? br? dh??????[​IMG]

7. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by