Boy Scouts

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by horsejody, Jun 12, 2008.

1. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Last night a tornado hit just north of here. It hit a Boy Scout camp. Four were killed and 48 injured. Please pray for them. Two of my co-workers are Scout leasders. One may have been there with his boy. We haven't heard yet. I am going to try to make a couple of fleece blankets or maybe a small quilt to give to hospitalized boys. If anybody else would like to make a comfort blanket or quilt. Let me know. I can deliver them. The Boy Scout regional office is nearby.
    Thanks,
    Jody

2. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    I heard about this on the news. Terrible tragedy. [​IMG] They have my prayers.

3. MiniDriver

MiniDriver Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2007
    Massachusetts
    God bless 'em. I felt so bad for the boys, the leaders, and the families.

They were all so brave and strong during a crisis.

4. ilovemychickies

ilovemychickies Chillin' With My Peeps

I heard about that too. It's so sad. [​IMG] They're in my prayers.

5. s6bee

s6bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Western, NY
    My husband is a scout leader and the boys were getting together tonight for a community project. He is planning on praying when they get together.

My God bless them and thier families.

6. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    DH is trying to reach his sister. Our nephew is a Boy Scout in Iowa, but is on the eastern side of the state. We're hoping that means he wouldn't have been there. Praying for all involved. SIL survived Girl Scout camp in the 70s when a tornado passed close by. This would just be too weird.

7. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

i heard about that tornado last night. what a horrible thing to happen. i hope that they will all recover. they are in my prayers.

8. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Henrietta23,
    Four boys were killed. Three were from Omaha. One was from Iowa. He was Aaron Eilerts, age 14, of Eagle Grove, Iowa. I hope he is not yours.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  9. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Quote:Thanks, no he wasn't. Our nephew is 16. But we're stilling trying to find out if he was there and may have known the boys who were killed. Chances are he didn't. Just need to know for sure.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by