Boy vs girls?

mamabear6810

Songster
May 23, 2021
I read that males develop tail and wing feathers at a slower rate, is this accurate? Out of my 7 week and a half old chicks, only the orange arrow isnt developed like the others.
Thanks! Trying to learn as much as i can so i dont have to ask too many questions!
Btw, i didnt add the coloring for you guys, it was sent to my husband to explain what i was saying!
20210615_132000.jpg
Screenshot_20210615-132152_Gallery.jpg

I read that males develop tail and wing feathers at a slower rate, is this accurate? Out of my 7 week and a half old chicks, only the orange arrow isnt developed like the others.
Thanks! Trying to learn as much as i can so i dont have to ask too many questions!
Btw, i didnt add the coloring for you guys, it was sent to my husband to explain what i was saying!View attachment 2719797View attachment 2719798
They are too young. It is a trend that tends to happen, but I would not bet on it. Update at 6-8 weeks old

Mine grew at completely different rates and for awhile whom I thought were hens were roosters lol it’s so hard to tell at this age there’s no way of knowing yet

They are too young. It is a trend that tends to happen, but I would not bet on it. Update at 6-8 weeks old
Ok, thanks! I knew that by other means that it is far too early, but qasnt sure if this method works or not. Will see what happens as they grown! Hopefully not true bc that would make ANOTHER of my 2yr olds chicks that would be boys. Lol

Often times pullets feather faster than cockerels but it's not a rule by any means. You especially can't use this when you have different breeds/varieties because they're all going to have their own "normals." Is that a Chocolate Orpington? 😍
I have no idea what it is! Lol. It is from tractor suplly from the orpingtons bin...would be awesome to have something other than buff!!!

Back
Top Bottom